Thursday, July 3, 2014

The Answer Is...

I never cease to be amazed at the number of people out there who think cops are so low on the food chain, that they can say or do anything they want and we'll just stand there and take it. I go into every encounter with the public in a polite and respectful manner, no matter how dumb I think the call(er) is, and even when I'm dealing with some reeking, passed-out drunk or a convicted child molester. At least until they give me a reason to treat them otherwise. But if you're going to start in on me about how cops are just out to make their ticket quotas or just to hassle you, here is a list of responses. Pick one:

1. No, I don't care who you are.
2. No, I don't care who you know.
3. Yes, you do pay my salary.
4. Yes, you can have my job.
5. No, I don't have anything better to do.
6. Yes, I do arrest real criminals sometimes.
7. No, I'm not picking on you because you're a (fill in group here).
8. No, I can't give you a break.
9. No, I don't know your friend, Officer ______.
10. Yes, you will be allowed to make a phone call.
11. Yes, I'm sure you will never do it again.
12. No, we can't talk about it.
13. Yes, it does make me happy.
14. Yes, you will see me in court.

Remember: I'm here to help your ass, not kiss it.

No comments: