I've been away for a while. I genuinely appreciate all the e-mail asking me to come back. I'm glad folks enjoyed my blog enough to let me know.
There were a number of reasons I shut down the old blog, and I won't go into all of it. But I have decided to give it another go, with some things staying the same and some things changing:
1. I'll be posting no more than once a day, and probably not every single day. I couldn't keep up the twice-a-day pace that I was on - I don't have the time or enough of what I consider to be good enough stories to publish that much. I'll also occasionally repost what I think are the best of the old blog.
2. I'll continue my Marine Corps-related posts, including the MOH winners on the anniversaries of their awards, as well as anything else in life I find praise-worthy (very little) or complaint-worthy (almost everything).
3. I can't answer every e-mail personally or post every submission. I was astounded by how much e-mail my crappy little blog generated, and I just don't have it in me to answer everybody every time. But I do read and appreciate everything you send.
5. I won't give you any advice about anything legal (criminal, traffic or civil), law enforcement career-related, or anything else along those lines. Those things all spell "L-I-A-B-I-L-I-T-Y", and I already carry a million-dollar umbrella policy just so I can sleep at night after what I do all day.
6. I'm not interested in a relationship with anyone other than Mrs. Cynical. She is a very hot tomato and all I can handle. Besides, she makes way more money than I do, and I don't want to screw with a good thing.
I'm just here to tell you what it's really like for me to be a cop, both on-duty and off. I hope that will be enough.