Monday, February 2, 2015

Not a Package Deal

Today I took a complaint from a lady that her ex-husband showed up at her house, in violation of a no-contact order, and chased her around. This is grounds for immediate arrest. I go to the guy's house, and he readily admits what he did.

Officer Cynical: "OK, well, you're under arrest then for violating a no-contact order."

Mr. Gallo: "You can't arrest me."

Officer Cynical: "Really? Why not?"

Mr. Gallo: "Because I have a court date scheduled for doing exactly the same thing last week."

Officer Cynical: "So why can't I arrest you today for what you did today?"

Mr. Gallo: "Because you can just attach this one to the court date I have for the other one. You can't take me to jail."

Officer Cynical: "So, you're saying if you were scheduled for trial for a bank robbery, you could in the meantime just go rob a bunch more banks and we couldn't arrest you for them?"

Mr. Gallo: "Well, when you put it like that....."

Officer Cynical: "Turn around and put your hands behind your back."

Mr. Gallo: "Boy, you're an asshole!"

3 comments:

Pam said...

Gallo? With a C? ;)

Jay said...

Of the two of you one is definitely an asshole. Gallo, however, got it wrong as to which one. Thanks for what you do.

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Ernest or Julio?