Thursday, October 22, 2015

Don't Let The Door Hit You

A guy on our department recently resigned for a job at a big east coast agency. This is a person who exaggerated his military service, made marginal arrests, made marginal traffic stops and issued marginal citations, and never knew when to keep his mouth shut. He went to the top of my shit list the night he left me alone in a fairly risky situation because he wanted to go eat.

I'm sure he thinks that his new, bigger and better agency will be a good fit to his approach to the job. I have no doubt he's looking forward to chasing more cars, getting in more fights with bad guys, and being a bigger, badder ass than he ever could have been here. But I think he's going to find himself working with cops who deal with high-risk situations way more often than we do, and they know the value of not recklessly rushing into things, staying safe, and watching out for one another all the time. He's going to pull his cheap shit on one of them, and they're going to tune him up like a cheap piano. At least, I hope so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like he will be a dead man or will contribute to the death of a fellow officer. I have a vested interest in this as our son works for LAPD.